• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

missing driver no sound

ihtemypc

FPCH New Member
Not sure how or why but the intergrated sound device has lost its driver some how so i went to the manufacturer's web site and downloaded a driver but it wont install .The read me file says to type in at run x:\ but my pc says does not exsist or cant find ....help???????? thank's for any help

W

Wolfeymole

Go to the folder where the sound driver downloaded to and open it.

Go through all the driver files until you find an icon that says Setup, click on that and it should install.