• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

mods+overclocking

wardyboyo

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Home Premium
anyone here into case modding and overclocking?

just wondering.. maybe you coukd post up some pictures?.

i want to get into case modding and overclocking but i just dont have the money..

W

Wolfeymole

The time to get into overclocking Wardy is when you HAVE plenty of money as your on dodgy ground when trying to squeeze every last ounce out the system.
Personally I hate overclocking but others may be in to it, stick around mate and find out.

JEBWrench

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Media Center Edition
Nah, Maynard, increasing the voltage to critical components beyond factory recommendations is completely harmless. :D

Modding seems kinda interesting sometimes, though. I recall one PC World magazine that had a case mod to turn your functional PC into a functional PC/coffee maker.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Case modding is a personal taste/choice (a lot of money for nothing more than a look so it's not for me)

Overclocking (similar to Wolfey) unless you have a TON of extra cash you're not using (for when you burn up a component and it's not covered under warranty any more due to your overclocking) and a lot of patience (hundreds of reboots to tweak and test, tweak and test configuration changes) then not something to get in to.

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
JEBWrench said:
Nah, Maynard, increasing the voltage to critical components beyond factory recommendations is completely harmless. :D

Modding seems kinda interesting sometimes, though. I recall one PC World magazine that had a case mod to turn your functional PC into a functional PC/coffee maker.
ROFL
I'll have 2 sugars please.

JEBWrench

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Media Center Edition
maynardvdm said:
JEBWrench said:

ROFL
I'll have 2 sugars please.
Only two? When I fix coffee for Bonnie we get up to the 5-6 range. :D

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Depending on the size of the cup. I remember when i was in england going to a starbucks and those coffees are so big and the sugars so small i had to put 8 of those packets. :D

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
At home I generally take 2, however in Coffee Shops here,I have to take 4,at least.