• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

monitor communication problem!

fiasco

FPCH New Member
hi any help or ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated, my pc recently would not start when i hit the power button nothing happened, i replaced the psu with a new supply and the computer powered up fine however even though there was power to the monitor nothing came on screen and the green light just flashed on and off on the front of the monitor. i replaced the graphics card with a new one and still the same problem no apparent communication between pc and monitor, i would like to know whats wrong or how to fix this before i go buying any more new parts so i know how to fix it for sure, thanks for any help and advice, fiasco

Jamey

FPCH Member
The next step to take is to try a different RAM (memory) module. It sounds like you have had a power surge or your power supply short circuited, causing various components to fail. I would recommend finding someone else with a working RAM module that you can borrow to see whether it is the culprit.

wally1

FPCH New Member
fiasco said:
hi any help or ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated, my pc recently would not start when i hit the power button nothing happened, i replaced the psu with a new supply and the computer powered up fine however even though there was power to the monitor nothing came on screen and the green light just flashed on and off on the front of the monitor. i replaced the graphics card with a new one and still the same problem no apparent communication between pc and monitor, i would like to know whats wrong or how to fix this before i go buying any more new parts so i know how to fix it for sure, thanks for any help and advice, fiasco

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
are you recieving any of the normal beeps at start up....(bios beeps).
what is the make of motherboard...
it may be worth removing the cmos battery for 30 mins to allow the bios to clear to factory (doesnt effect your data at all).the cmos battery is a silver round lithium battery usually located around near the power button,hdd led,etc....just pop that out.........
as Jamey said ram is definatly a must to check.....
Just a little thing,is it a pentium compatible board...have you remebered to plug both motherboard power connections in.....
kind regards
danzil