• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Motherboard

matteman

FPCH New Member
Hello everybody,

I'd like some ***istance in an issue im having.
I want to supply my pc with a new motherboard, because my pc is too slow. I have two questions:

- Does the motherboard have a processor (i don't know anything about this ;))

- Does every motherboard fit in every pc?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my crappy english.

Greetz,

Mathijs van Leeuwen

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
I'm sure there are others here who know more about building machines than I. This is what I do know in reference to your questions.

1) Motherboards don't come with a processor. You have to purchase/obtain one separately and it has to be compatible with the motherboard.

2) Every motherboard will not fit into every PC. There are standards out there like ATX, micro ATX, and probably others. If you get an ATX case, any ATX motherboard should fit it. However, a ATX motherboard will not fit into a micto ATX case.

You also need to be concerned about the power supply unit (PSU) . They too differ in physical size and electrical capability. You'll need a PSU that will not only fit into the PC case, but will also be capable of supplying the proper electrical voltages and current and have the appropriate electrical connectors to attach to the motherboard, hard drive, etc.

W

Wolfeymole

What may be a better question would be, why do you think your pc is too slow matteman?

Can you tell us what operating system you have and the cpu and memory size you have now plus any relevant information as to why it is now running slowly?