• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Moving MS Outlook to a new computer

Ric

FPCH New Member
Hello, I'm soon to be switching to new computers at my business which consists of 2 computers on a newwork running windows xp pro currently. The network is set up to run Quickbooks; one containing my company file(mine) and the other for employee data entry. The question I have for now is when I switch to new computers (with Vista of course) how do I switch my Outlook email to the new computers and secondly how to move old emails as well to the new units? Thank You.
Ric

W

Wolfeymole

Hi Ric

Welcome to Free PC Help

Unfortunately the member that deals with these issues may not be on line for some time so in the mean time I recommend that you take a look here.

Quickbooks Forums

Ric

FPCH New Member
Thanks for the QB link. My plan for the QB '05 to '08 conversion will be to Load QB '08 into the new computers and network them apart from the current computers to see if everything works first before going live to eliminate any down time. As for the outlook email, it is my main source of communicating with my customers so it is equally important I know how to transfer/setup Outlook in the new system as well. I'm sure people do this all the time I just haven't found anyone/anything to walk me through those procedures.
Ric

W

Wolfeymole

Ok well if you do not succeed in obtaining the information that you require at the QB forums please call back and the member may then be on line.
I'm sorry that I cannot offer more advice.

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Assuming you're running the same version of Outlook on both the old and new machines, you should be able to copy the .pst file associated with the user, then paste it in the appropriate place on the new system. All your contacts, mail, calendar, etc. are contained in the single pst file.

If you're running different versions, there may be some importing involved. I don't know for sure.