• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

msconfig help

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

I am trying to loose some startup programs on someone laptop. Which of the following can i disable and wich is needed by windows:
1 USS - c:program files\USS\USS.exe
2 dgvybvpc - rundll32.exe "c:\windows\system32\dgvybvpc.dll",b
3 igfxtray - C:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
4 hkcmd - C:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
5 igfxpers - C:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
6 SOUNDMAN - SOUNDMAN.exe
7 ALCWZRD - ALCWZRD.exe
8 ALCMTR - ALCMTR.exe
9 uers - c:\program files\error safe free\uers.exe" /min
10 ERS - c:\program files\error safe\ERS.exe /min
11 AdwareProtector - c:\program files\error safe\adwareprotector.exe

also how do i remove the files from msconfig - (in the registry?)

Thank you

PS is any of these malware?

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi maynard;
Look through some data bases to see if you can find some answers. Here is one.
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

As for me I usually start with the startup_exe file here.
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm

Besides it's a good place to learn about the basics. Depending on the computer some items should stay or go. As such you should consider all items in msconfig>startup to determine if there are other issues such as malicious programs.

If no one answers I'll try to comment on your specific items when I get away from the grandkid tomorrow.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Maynard.

Your msconfig list shows infections.

Go to start, run, type in msconfig and press ok. Put a dot on Selective Startup and press Startup. Scroll through the list and uncheck every entry other than your security software. Click apply and restart when prompted.

Download ATF cleaner from here:

http://www.atribune.org/content/section/4/30/

When you run it, uncheck Cookies as well as the Recycle bin, then allow ATF to clean.

Download SuperAntiSpyware from www.superantispyware.com. Run the program, update it (very important), then proceed with a COMPLETE Scan. After the reboot open SAS and go to Preferences>Logs. Please copy and paste the SAS log back here.