• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

My PC gets stuck on a boot loop.

SophiaL

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Greetings to everyone.
Before anything else, I want to apologize if this thread is misplaced, feel free to relocate it if it's necessary.
Now to my problem. Since the last week my PC, which is a really old one, can't get to start the OS, basically when it tries to start Windows (at the moment of the black screen with the Windows XP picture and the loading bar) it restarts itself, in an infinite loop, and I don't know how to fix it. I think that that problem is caused by a hardware issue, but I can't be sure of that because I don't know much about computers. Thank you very much for your attention, and for any provided answer.

KenB

Administrator
Hi Sophia

If you have an XP machine it is vulnerable as M$ support has ceased
However, in its present condition you don't have a thing to worry about :)
[ sorry - just my sense of humour ]

Switch on and constantly tap F8 about once per second.
Hopefully you will be taken to the Advanced Startup Screen.
If you are ...
select "Safe Mode" from the list of options.

The machine will [ should ] boot up with limited drivers.
This will result in a strange appearance to your desktop. [ large icons etc ]

Let me know if you can get this far :)

Your profile shows Win-7 ??