• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Need an antispam recommendation.

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
The problem with all these is that the mail ends up in your mail client. These applications merely move the spam to a folder.

Check out MailMax - it picks up the mail before it gets to your mailbox. One of my business customers uses it. I don't know how it works, but here it is:
https://www.trustwave.com/secureEmail.php

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Well the only way possible I can think of is, they get the mail, then clean/purge it, then forward it on to you. Otherwise I don't see anyway of cleaning it BEFORE it gets to the mailbox.

It also does not appear to be free and I can see why.

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
I don't know that it will work with the home user. I'm saying this because I think the MX record is changed to send email to MailMax. Once MailMax does its filtering, it sends it along to the user. Like I said, I haven't used it, but one of my business customers had it set up by another IT company. This company has its own domain and Exchange server.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
BTW- Best way to avoid spam?

Have a "junk" email addy this is only used for online orders, forums, etc.