• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

need graphic card upgrade help

sonny482

FPCH New Member
i have a dell dimension 3100c and was planning to upgrade the graphic card because at the moment i only have a integrated one

i went to pcworld and bought a card but...coming home and tring to put it into my pc it didn't fit. the metal bar thing (dunno what it is sorry) was much higher than the frame of the pc case, so i went back and returned it and asked why didn't it fit...the guy said it's a "half-size" pc or something i've searched for hours tring to find out what card i'm looking for but no luck, can anyone help. (the pc it's self can lay flat and its alot slimmer than a usuall pc)

apprently it's pci slot where the card goes but i'm also unsure if it's pci express (how do i find out) the pc it's self was bought last christmas so i guess it's a new model?

Jelly

FPCH Member
You need to buy a low profile card. your pc is classed a small form factor matrox sel one

sonny482

FPCH New Member
oh my god thanks!! you saved my life :D

by the way...you mean my pc is small form factor? and i'm looking for "low-profile" card? and that matrox ..that's a company that sells the card i need right?

anyways thanks again now i know what i'm looking for :D