• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

NEED Help with new pc!

saibhy

FPCH Member
Hi, thanks for your time too look at this page.

I recently finished building my new pc and i have installed every single part needed. after connecting everything i press power button and it boots up for 5 seconds then back off! and then automatically back on then back off LoL AND it keep doing that untill i switch power supply off. there is also no vga output. even when it powers up for 5 seconds.
I thought it was cpu burnout but after changing it to new one its still the same problem. when i remove the 4pin motherboard cable (in picture) it stays on booted but no vga output!

so can anyone help me please.

Pc specs:
Asus p5k-e wi-ap mobo
Intel pentium d 925 3.0ghz, artic freezer 7 cpu cooler
team elite 2gb ddr2 6400 ram
bfg 8800gt oc gpu
250gb maxtor sata harddrive, dvd rom
500w huntkey psu

Attachments

Last edited:

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hi saibhy.

You need that 4 pin plug on the mobo. It powers the cpu.

Your issue can be caused by any number of devices.

If you have a separate video card, make sure it's seated correctly in the slot. Try another vid card if you have, or try the vga out on the mobo if it has it.

If you have two sticks of ram, try one at a time.

saibhy

FPCH Member
:(Erm i tried that, my mate has the EXact same problem which i built his pc for him same time while building my one. we only gt 1 stick(2gb ddr2) each in both pc tower.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Place your fingers on the cpu heatsink and fire up the computer. Does the heatsink get hot?

saibhy

FPCH Member
Nope, otherday when i tried powering up pc. without heat sink with the previous cpu it was boiling in 5 seconds,thats what made me change my cpu:(