• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Network card failing after restarting windows

DrunkWerewolf

FPCH New Member
It appears my drivers are uninstalling themselves after I restart windows every time.

-My network card was failing so I reinstalled drivers that came with my motherboard, it worked again. I was happy until I restarted windows and the problem returned; no internet, network card fails again.

-it also appears to be uninstalling the video drivers after a restart.

-this happens every time without fail, I can reinstall them and I'm back in business, after a restart they are gone.

-I have had my PC for about 2.5 years and had some bios problems once but nothing else really. (not that that wasn't a pain)

-I ran all of my spyware removal and it didn't fix the problem.

Tech support guy for my motherboard suggested these things, and said it sounds like a memory issue:

-do a repair installation of windows (I haven't done this because I don't want to back up my data if I don't have to, and I'm also not sure which command to run in the recovery mode)

-check each memory stick

-rma the board if I still have problems

I guess I am looking for a second opinion or guidance with these suggestions.

Jamey

FPCH Member
First of all, you should always have a backup of your important data, no matter whether your machine is running fine or not. Windows is the most unpredictable and unreliable operating system I can imagine; it is vital you keep your own files safe.

Try uninstalling the driver in Device Manager and then rebooting your PC. It could be that Windows' bundled driver is taking precedence over the one you installed.

Otherwise, it sounds like the support guy was right: backup your data and perform a reinstallation of Windows.