• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

New pc Build

mario

FPCH Member
I ve buitl a new pc for the 1st time and put everything together correctly in my eyes but when push the power button get green led on motherboard but nothing else, if you could help that would be great. What could it be? Ive checked all connections and all seem to be fine

Thanks Mario

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi
Do you get any beeps? Is there fans spinning? Does the Monitor come on? Does the hard drive "spin"? Is the PSU working? Could be alot of things so Just connect the very basic hardware and then post back with more details. ;)

mario

FPCH Member
Don't get any beeps and have just connected the PSu to the motherboard, CPU and memory thats it and get no fan spin anything, I am thinking that it could be the PSU, is that apossibility. Only green LED light on motherboard

W

Wolfeymole

If the fan isn't spinning in the PSU then yes that's at fault as it may only be partially powering the mobo, hence green light.

mario

FPCH Member
ok cool then I should get another PSU and try it and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks best help I ve been given on the net

hi, you have not put a motherboard mount in the rong place, which would short arocss the bord. it worth a try you neve know..

W

Wolfeymole

That's a fair point Shed Man but the PSU should be operational whether it's feeding anything or not.

hi, yes and no, it a depends were the mount is if there is one that is. it could be on the power side/under or nere the power plug on the board.. worth a look for what it takes...

W

Wolfeymole

Ok Kelly so perhaps Mario could stick a cdrom drive on the end of a spare molex and see what happens.

mario

FPCH Member
Does shed man mean the mounts that you place the mobo on and screw it in. Ive looked on the mobo manual and seem to have them in the right place. but I am missin 2 because didn't have any more mounts, would that affect it?

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
It won't short it out, but it could be an easy way to crack the board by not having all the proper mounts installed. When you go to add memory or some other component you may press down and crack the board accidentally if you don't have all the correct amount of mounts installed.

Also make sure all the electrical connection pins are in the correct location.

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
I think he means the one that goes from the PSU to the motherboard, but as far as i know it can only go in one way! (Correct me if i'm wrong :) )

Does shed man mean the mounts that you place the mobo on and screw it in. Ive looked on the mobo manual and seem to have them in the right place. but I am missin 2 because didn't have any more mounts, would that affect it?
hi, yes i mean the mounts that you place the mobo on to. some pc case's you need to put the mounts in and some case's you dont have to put any on. on the ones that you dont they will be some nipples like mounts. best thing to do is take the mobo out and have a look. when you but the board back just make shure that they all line up to the holes in the mobo