• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

new pc won't boot up

craigs822

FPCH New Member
I just bought a brand new PC, the only old thing was my harddisk which i put in. When i started it up, it brought up the error message
"K8 NPT Data Change....Update New Data to DMI!"
It did this every time

Just to check, i put in the new harddisk that came with it, and had the windows xp pro startup disk in the drive. I booted from the cd, and it formatted the new harddisk, did a pre-install and then re-started the pc. When it restarted, it got to the same error message before going to the windows install.

I can't get past this point, can anyone help?

If it help, the harddisk is a GeForce 6100SM-M, with an AM2 Athlon 5200 (dual core) CPU

Oh, if i put my old harddisk back in my old pc, it still works fine.

thanks for any help!