• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Nikon Camera & USB freeze

londonles

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hello

I have a nikon camera that is connected to the front usb ports on an Acer power F6 pc, all is fine until you remove the camera and the pc freezes and has to be powered down.

I have tried the following

safely remove hardware
sent pc back to acer nothing wrong
bios flashed
boot order changed by Acer
checked voltage draw on usb device via device manager

Any ideas?

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
i had this issue not that long a go turned out to be the usb controller chip on the motherboard.....does it do it on all usb hardware or just the camera...
can the laptop shut down with the usb camera connected (just wondering if this is an xp issue).
have you tried latest drivers etc
regards
danzil

londonles

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hi Danzil

It only does it on the camera, i have tried a different camera and all is fine. I even sent it back to Acer under warranty and they found no faults. I think it may be an Acer/ Nikon or Picture Project software conflict because i have 2 and they both do it

All drivers are upto date

Les

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
i would definatly try the camera on another pc using the same software and same software versioin and see if it happens again.....
does it do it regardless of power source....
mmmm has it always been like this
regards
danzil