• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

NMAIN.EXE - Unabe To Locate Component

urymic

FPCH New Member
Hi, my name is Michel
today about an hour ago i turned my laptop on and i get an error message
thats says
[[This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem]]

now i got the file, i downloaded it from a website that i found and i know its part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library but i dont exactly now where the file goes...
if anyone knows anything about this any kind of help is greatly appriciated.

oh yea the program i tried to open was the Norton Internet security.(which i been using for quite a whie)

PC specs
HP pavilion dv1240 us
Window Xp Home edition
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M
Processor 1.70GHZ
992 Mb of RAM

PS:: I searched on the forum for the file name... if this problem already been solved can someone just pm the link for it thanks

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Michel;
I really would try re-installing Norton. Just adding the file may not work. In Windows I think it's in C\Windows\System32. But it might also be in a Norton directory.

RandyL

urymic

FPCH New Member
yea well thx for the reply RandyL,
but i just went ahead and tried putting the file on the system32 folder...
didnt work and by then i was really frustrated so
i just went ahead and did a system restore to last month and its working just fine now

once again thx for the quick reply

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I'm glad you got it fixed. System Restore can be a good life line. Thanks for posting back.