• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

No DPMS Signal after format of c:

Jamey

FPCH Member
That message simply means that no signal is getting to the monitor. Check that the connections aren't loose, check the pins on the connectors are straight and try again.

If you can, try it with another PCI or AGP video card to see if the onboard video has broken but it is rare. It sounds like the cable is the most likely suspect.

Cooper

FPCH Member
a similar problem happened to me... i tried a few diff monitors and still no go ... turned out that when i had my motherboard tested on a graphics card .. somehow the ports had blown and nothing would work .. not even mouse or keyboard ... was really strange .. had to buy a new ... not entirely sure if this might be the case with yours but just some info to let you know

PriceChild

FPCH Member
If you have previously been using an offboard card, then you may have to change a couple of jumper settings to enable onboard video... check your motherboard documentation for more info.