• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

No keyboard, no mouse after Vista Upgrade

bwithers

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
Hi,

I think this might be a common problem so sorry if I am repeating the question.

Just started up my Vista computer after updating my computer before I turned off yesterday and I can't use the key board or mouse!

So I cant go back to the settings before the update or nothing.

Help please! Where do i start without use of either?

Thanks,

Bryce

Last edited:

bwithers

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
Hi Wolfeymole,

Well, I held down F8 during startup and told it to boot with the Harddrive. Still loads up as normal. I was expecting a basic setup, but all drivers loaded as usual. Weird!

Regards,

Bryce

bwithers

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
Hi,

Restore did the trick thanks! For anybody with the same problem, restore right back to the very first of three update restore points.

Also, lost mouse on restart, but another restart fixed that.
For restore help go here...

Windows Vista Ultimate - System Restore from CD or DVD

Thanks for your help!

Bryce