• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

no left audio channel

heckler55

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
gday guys, ive checked the output with other speakers and it seems that i have no audio left audio channel at all. is this terminal?

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi heckler;
This might just be a bad connection somewhere. Possibly inside the case. Or it could just be a bad speaker wire. The hardware people should be on shortly so hang on.
RandyL

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
What operating system are you running and what Computer brand/model do you have?

Do you have a built-in audio card or an add-in like Sound Blaster

Do you have a built-in video card or and add-in like Nvidia or ATI, if so what model?

The reason I ask is that there are some known issues with some mixes of hardware.

heckler55

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
the comp. is a "bitza",op.sys. is xp and i have looked inside and cannot see any added cards.

W

Wolfeymole

Can you elaborate on the make and model of your pc Heckler, I've googled that make and returned no results.
If you are definitely using a stereo jack plug, ie 2 black bands around the plug, then either the plug could be damaged or you have mono sound only.

We really need to know the exact model of that pc mate.

By the way, when you say "Bitza" you don't mean something that's just obscurely thrown together do you?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Also make sure the volume is up for the left channel:

Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Speaker Volume.

heckler55

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
sorry guys, its a refurbished unit. There is no info on the case, however, the main board says "Gigabyte, GA-7vm400m" if thats any help. The audio out port is a sealed "box" so i cant directly see if there is a fault in there.have also been through the sound diagnostic/set up and all is ok with that.