• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

no sound after rebooting

millieme5

FPCH New Member
right..........
hi my name is lee not very experienced in the old pc stuff.
i am well known for *****ing about with things on my pc then having to beg friends who know what they are doing to sort it out but this time i have no one to help.

i bought mcafee security and this ran out while i was on holiday and low and behold think i got a bug ( you know everything slow program not respondong all that polavor!
so i did a system restore no use-- did a system recovery started going on about partition this and that so i borrowed a friends copy of xp rebooted from disk with his key no and now have everything but sound.

i have troubleshooter and to no avail any ideas????

millieme5

FPCH New Member
i got a copy of driver detective and this sorted it out still a few hitches though maybe you can help with them???

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Make sure you got the latest driver for your sound card, you can normally get updated drivers from the manufacturer(sorry for the spelling) website.