• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

no sound through speakers

mstevo21

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi,

I have a 3 month old dell inspiron N5040

Sound has stopped working through the speakers yet it still works if i plug in headphones or other speakers so think i may have pressed a wrong button or something if someone could suggest what i may have done

Thanks

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
Hi, I can't find out very much about the sound system on your computer at the moment
Is this your computer manual?=

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insM5040/en/sm/index.htm

However quite often the headphone socket has a set of contacts that are opened when the headphones are plugged in, this isolates the speakers.

Unfortunately these contacts can become bent or even broken in use so they do not return the speakers when the headphone plug is removed, therefore really a hardware fault within the socket.

Considering this machine is still well within its warranty period, I suggest getting in touch with Dell about this problem in view of getting it repaired by them. To advise looking into it yourself may void the warranty you see.

Nev.

Top Bottom