• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

no sound

hi hope somone can help i have no sound at all even when i plug earphones in when i try to play a cd a message says audio error : the file could not be played . the sound card may be in use. my pc is a medion thank u

W

Wolfeymole

Hello John

Welcome to Free PC Help

What model number is your Medion as you may need an updated sound driver?

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi John

Is there any red x's or yellow exclamation marks by sound, audio devices in the device manager.

To access device manager : right-click my computer select properties click the hardware tab and click on device manager.

no sound

hi my pc is medion model:pmt6... type med mt191 and when i go into sounds and audio devices and properties it says no audio devices thanks again

W

Wolfeymole

Have a look here with regard to the serial number and/or the MD/LT number.

Then get back to us if your unsure of the driver to get, include those numbers when you do.

MEDION UK

hi im not sure how and what driver to get these are the numbers on the back of pc. med s/n 11874020020092 model:pc mt6 ... type = med mt 191

hi i downloaded the driver but i still have no sound when i try and play audio messag says audio error the file could not be played the sound card may be in use

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

Did you first uninstall the old sound driver? Then reboot. Then install the new driver.

Also windows should pick up the hardware when you reboot and then just install the new driver.

hi again im not sure what one to unistall from add remove programes on add remove there is programes on there called veiw ponit media player and pc audio driver im scared incase i take of the wrong thing .. do i unistall any of these thnx

W

Wolfeymole

What you need to do John is go into Device Manager which is found by right clicking on My Computer then choose Properties then in properties hit the Hardware tab.
In the hardware section click Device Manager and tell us if there are any red X's or yellow question marks.

hi done what u said and there is yellow qestion marks next to ? OTHER DEVICES.....? MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLER.....?VIDEO CONTROLLER [VGA COMPATIBLE] tnx

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi right click on the audo controler and select "update driver".

Have you unzipped the file you downloaded. Remember where you unzip it, becuase when you install the driver give that location.

hi im right clicking on audio controler and update driver when i click next it says hardware is not installed because the wizard cannot find necessary software sory if im a bit dumb

sory im well confused i downloaded sound driver from medion and extracted it and it is in my documents but what do i do next like unzip it

W

Wolfeymole

Don't be sorry or say that your dumb John ok

You have already extracted it so look for the Setup icon like in that link I just offered.

Double click the icon and the driver should install.

ive downloaded sound card saved it then run and it says extract witch ive done now but i have not unzip as it does not say unzip it say extract all files so i went into device manerger right clicked on audio controller update driver it say recomended use internet to find but says cant find so i clicked find manaully looked in my documents but it is not there but when i go start my doucument its there and the link u gave with picture of wot i should have on my screen i dont tnx again