• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

no 'start menu' and toolbar on windows xp home!

coyle1975

FPCH New Member
I have Windows XP pre-installed on my pc, and I had to use the restore cd to rid my computer of a virus, after installing everything I noticed that I do not have a 'start menu' or toolbar on my desktop and have to go via the 'recycle bin' to view my documents etc, I did use the restore cd for a second time to see if this would rectify the problem and have downloaded every required microsoft update including service pack 2, but still I have no 'start menu', absolutely nothing along the bottom of my desktop! please can anyone help or offer some advice on this matter.

Thankyou to all those who have taken the time to read this.

coyle1975

FPCH New Member
hi all, has anyone ever used a restore cd (which has windows xp home pre-installed) to re-boot their pc and noticed that they do not have a 'start menu' and 'toolbar'?