• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Not Sure What's Wrong with PC! Can Anyone Help?

Dav

FPCH New Member
I recently had the hard drive changed in my PC. After a day of use I flicked the PC and found the monitor flickering vigourously. It then flicked off automatically. Now when I turn it on the tower turns on but nothing shows on the monitor. A strange smell appears to be coming from the tower. I contacted the technician who changed the hard drive and he reccommended I get the monitor checked. I have sent the monitor in twice for checking and it came back the same. So I checked both the tower and the monitor on a friends computer and found the monitor to work perfectly. So the problem lies with the tower. When I contacted the technician again he suggested that we need to change the power supply but now I'm unsure as to whether that is the real problem or not. Can you help or advise me as to what I should do?
Regards

W

Wolfeymole

I'd send it back to the "Tech" and tell him to get it sorted out pronto or you'll get the work done elsewhere and charge him.