• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Nothing Seems to work!!!

wombat8

FPCH New Member
Hi!

I have windaows XP and an IBM Thinkcentre. I recently bought an nVidia Geforce 7600GS and a 500gb Hard drive. But after adding it all and copying all my data from my old hard drive to my new one there is a weird sound in my headphones. Like I can here the computer processing information when I open a demanding application. All of my firmware and drivers are up to date and the connection is ok.

What do I do (oh and it doesn't matter what speakers I use it happens the same)????

W

Wolfeymole

Hello Wombat

Welcome to Free PC Help

This sounds like your hard drive is making the noise here.
Can I just ask why you would have headphones on when opening normal applications, apart from Media player of course?

wombat8

FPCH New Member
I don't have headphones on while on things like Word but for Media and Gaming I use headphones or my desktop speakers.

I've found that my mouse lags for a bit then moves jumpily when the sound occurs. I reduced my graphic settings yesterday and found that the sound had nearly totaly gone, but when I turned my PC ojn today with exactly the same graphics settings the same noise and lag happened again.

HELP!!!!!