• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

NTLDR is missing

lost

FPCH New Member
Ok here is the scoop I get NTLDR is missing when windows starts up then it says to press ctrl+alt+del to restart so I do and I get the same thing now I know the cable is not off the harddrive been there and I changed my bios so I know that is in the clear too now I still get it. My friend gave me as she calls it an "oh ****" floppy to do a system restore on and my computer will read that but it asks for a prompt (A:\) and I have no clue what to put in there I have looked just about everwhere on the web and you are my last hope oh please someone help me I really do not want to over-haul this computer.....thanks for any help you can give and I am more then willing to drop it off at any of your doorsteps just fill in address below, ha ha :lol:

Jamey

FPCH Member
Unfortunately, this is quite a common problem in my experience. There are quite a few different symptoms and solutions, the best page I have found that gives a comprehensive guide is: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

Follow that carefully and try to get your machine booting into Windows again. By the way, the fact that the message is displaying means that your computer has detected your hard drive.