• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

old pc

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi all i have an old p3 pc which is supposed to be 450MHz ( :) ) but i relized the other day (coz i rarely look at the pc when booting up coz its slooooooow) that its only running at 300MHz (66 X 4.5), i tried changing it to 450MHZ (100 X 4.5) but then it wont boot. I left it now on 300MHz coz its only for storage but i was just wondering why it is running at an slower speed now, coz i know for a fact the CPU is 450MHz. This is not urgent i am just curious.
Thanks

BTW dont laugh at the spec, i use my laptop for all other things :) lol

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
I'm thinking that it's either:

1) Not a 450.

2) You might need to change other bios cpu options.

3) There's something wrong with cpu.