• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Olympus camera

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hello again all,

I've had to change my Toshiba laptop for a Dell latitude E5470 (not by choice, 8.1 is being fazed out, as you'll well know) Anyway I am really struggling in some/most areas. A particular one is loading my Olympus camera on to it. No matter what I try, it isn't working. All I get onscreen is DCIM along the top with a curser traversing across, then nothing. Advice sorely required.
Cheers,
BEEJAY

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi BJ,

Have you tried installing the dedicated Olympus software?
This may make the process a lot easier.

I've had to change my Toshiba laptop for a Dell latitude E5470 (not by choice, 8.1 is being fazed out, as you'll well know)
Being fazed out only means that MS won't be making any security updates available .... there's not much in the way of updates for Win 8.1 anyway.
I'm still running a Win 8.1 and a couple of Win 7 systems ( along with a couple of Win 10 systems)

That said, anything that works on Win 8.1 should work fine on Win 10. ( i take it that's what your new system is )

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Crickey, I wish I'd known that before getting the Dell. The W10 is causing nightmares, my external memory is also not being recognised.
If only I'd known. Thanks Starbuck. I'm saving your info to show my Daughter in Law who's going to try & sort the problems, she has the same setup.

Last edited:

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I'm saving your info to show my Daughter in Law who's going to try & sort the problems, she has the same setup.
When you say that your Daughter in law has the same setup, do you mean she has the same laptop or that she has the same camera?
Just wondering if she had problems connecting the camera to Win 10.

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi Starbuck, sorry for the delay in responding, notifier not working. She has the same model & I've emailed her the problems I'm experiencing, so she is trying to replicate them on her laptop. She has the all singing all dancing phone so no camera issue there. She'll try to sort mine out when she comes over as I'll show her the Olympus links you sent.

Top Bottom