• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

opensuse automatic repair vanishd xp from boot menu

FPCH New Member
Oct 31, 2008
in my intel core2 pc..... windows xp sp2 was intalled, got a cd free with a magazine and installed opensuse11 along with windows xp.

opensuse kept crashing frequently so i played opensuse11 cd and tried to repair it with automatic repair option.

after this automatic repair opensuse didnt improved but my windows xp os vanished from boot menu.

now this is real frustration, opensuse11 doesn't performs as fast and smooth, and windows xp is gone.

how can i get windows xp back on the boot menu?

and if possible, please tell how can i get smooth and crash free performence from opensuse11 or how can i get rid from this annoying linux distro?

i think things were batter off with xp only system