• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

outage fryed pc HELP!!!

majormastermind

FPCH New Member
the power went out and it fried my psu. it was a 400 watt. i replaced it with a 500 watt. i have a p4 541 processor and MSI PM8M3-V motherboard, with 1 gb pc 2700 ram. now my psu works, and the fans turn on, but none of the drives kick on(DVD, CD-RW,1 80GB, 1 120 GB, 3.5" floppy) and no bleeps when the pc turns on, nothing on the screen. i pulled out the ide cables from the drives and left the power cables in, and they sounded like they were working, and i could open the DVD/CD-RW drives. i'm tyin' to determine if it's the chip that's fryed, or the MOBO, or both. Ive tryed pluggin the ram in and out. PLEASE HELP!!!

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
try removing your cmos battery for 30 mins,then plugging just ram,cpu and graphics card (if it aint on board) then try powering it on.....is there any beeps.if not then 90% chance the motherboard is at fault....even if the cpu is dead the is usually a rapid beep...ram faulty slow steady beep.no graphics long *** beep.
regards
danzil