• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

outlook express

spannah

FPCH New Member
last night my pc went wierd so i closed it down and re booted. when i went into outlook express my inbox was totally empty and all the subfolders had disappeared. i did a search on my c drive and found them and according to the search they are still in outlook express. i do have the "show all messages" view so i can't understand where they have gone. the empty inbox is showing in the white window in local folders but there is no inbox showing in the grey window on the right of the screen. i have windows xp and am running outlook express 6.0....help!!!!

ade

FPCH Member
i have a probelm with my outlook express that my service provider couldn't resolve!
in the sent folder,i can only read the text body of emails on or before 03/08/2006;each of emails thereafter read that 'message has not been downloaded'
on advice,i tried 'system restore' to earlier date 2X but issue unresolved!
next advice was to move emails to inbox folder-yet issue was unresolved!!!
SOS!!!

ade

FPCH Member
i have windows xp,and i have also noticed that all the messages in the inbox folder are 'missing' except emails on or after 24/03/2007