• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Parallel Port Cable Printer HP Office Jet R45

Ray1000

FPCH Member
PC Experience
When I changed my Vista desk top tower for a Windows 10 one I lost the Parallel Port connection for my HP R45 printer.

I was going to try a USB to Parallel Port adaptor but found by emailing the tower manufacturer ..

[FONT=&quot]Installing additional LPT controller won’t be necessary because of your PC already have parallel port.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s available as internal motherboard connector and you have to only install bracket witch DB25 connector i.e.:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.delock.com/produkte/S_84300/merkmale.html

[/FONT]
I installed one of these but nothing at all happened with regard to the printer being seen by the PC ... I wondered if there is a way to check if the connector is actually sending anything from the MB to the back of the tower ... I only have the R45 printer that uses a parallel cable.

Ray

KenB

Administrator
Hi Ray - did you install the drivers for your printer ?
The original CD would be of no use as it would have been for Vista.

Some older hardware is not supported by Win 10.

Ray1000

FPCH Member
PC Experience
No Ken, I found some drivers supposedly for Win 10 and downloaded them onto a laptop weeks ago but haven't put them on the desktop as yet, I was expecting I might get a limited action from the printer without them but if it needs drivers to do anything at all I'll have a go at installing them

Ray

KenB

Administrator
We always recommend that you get drivers from the manufacturers site Ray.

Top Bottom