• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Partitions

wozzie

FPCH New Member
I am absolutely at the end of my tether with my PC and after having reformatted it with a brand spanking new Windows XP I have realised that it has partitioned my disk into 18GB and a 128GB... the 18GB one being my system disk...

My questions are:

1) If I remove a partition, does that mean all that memory gets removed as well?

2) Once I do remove the partition, how do I put all that memory into the 18GB partition?

Have tried looking on microsoft.com, and the net in general, but I'm either being REALLY thick or I'm just finding the answers WAY too technichal for an amateur like me...

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

Oz.