• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

patch tuesday ( january 2016

pitfall

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I upddated " important " updates, but took the tick out of "recomended" ( KB2976978 ) Did I do right ? or should i go back and update the recomended ( KB2976978 ) Thanks for any help. I'm trying to avoid updating windows 10. I have updater set to let me pick what to update " something like that :confused:

KenB

Administrator
took the tick out of "recomended" ( KB2976978 ) Did I do right ?

This is Windows spam - especially if you don't want to upgrade.
Did you do right? -Yes.- It is not important.
It was an "Optional" update at one time and was reclassified by M$oft.

pitfall

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thanks KenB ;-) I feel a lot better now. Cheers.....I hope you can keep us updated for next time lol :peep: