• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

PC Angel System Recovery freezes

cuino

FPCH New Member
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

My laptop has Windows XP and everytime I turn it on a message comes up saying Windows did not start successfully. It then has the option to select Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration and Start Windows normally. I've selected all of them and none work, they jusdt bring me straight back to the message. I tried F10 to load PC Angel System Recovery because that's what I tried before about a year ago and it worked fine then but this time it keeps freezing on the Please Wait screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Please help me!!!

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Welcome to Free PC Help cuino.

The "please wait" screen indicates that the hard drive (the storage device) is failing. Further indication of such is the inability of XP to start in any mode.

Laptop hard drives that are manufactured within the last two to four years, only have a lifespan
of about three years.

How old is the laptop and did you get any Recovery Cd's?

cuino

FPCH New Member
It's a year old and Lord knows where the recovery CD is. Should I invest in getting a new laptop?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
It may still be under warranty. Or, so close to it that the manufacturer may offer a new hard drive. If they don't, try to find the recovery cd's or when you're on the phone with them, get them to send you a new set (there may be a small fee for the cd's).

Unlike desktops, about the only device that fails within the first few years, is the hard drive.