• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

PC Booting Issues-Keeps restarting

beany100

FPCH New Member
Hey guys i accidentally pulled the plug from the socket (wall) and i get the usual 'windows could not start properly' message and the three links-safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with BIOS, last working config (or something) and start windows normally, i try enter any of these, it gets to the windows loading page then restarts and goes back to the 'windows could not start properly' menu, no matter how many times i click any of these they do the same thing over and over again.

any help would be much apreciated, thanks in advanced

Jamey

FPCH Member
If you have tried all of the available options, your next option is to perform an in-place reinstallation of Windows XP. This is known as a repair installation. What has probably happened is one of the crucial boot files needed by Windows was corrupted when you cut the power.

Microsoft have an official article with step-by-step solutions: How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP

Carefully follow the advice on that page, I'd recommend printing it off or viewing it on another computer. You will need your Windows XP CD.