• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Pc Crashes

waynekerr114

FPCH New Member
Hi Gang i have make a new pc for my son and it went all ok but there problems now weird ones happing. Well if i play games it plays for hours no problems but if he users msn word or outlook express it crashes even yourtube does it but games are fine ??????? weird to say the least. So any help would be great on this as i am checkmated as they say with this problem i have put in a new power supply reformatted pc as well so they are out of the question so here are the specs thank you.

WINDOWS XP SP2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Socket AM2 (2.2GHz) L2 1MB (2x512KB) Retail Boxed Processor

XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3 540MHz Core Clock 2xDVI PCI-E

Extra Value 1GB Kit (2x512MB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5400 240pin Extra Value Ram

Asustek M2V AM2 VIAK8T890 Sound, Gigalan And USB 2.0 2000MHz FSB SATA ATX

IDE HARD DRIVE SEAGATE 80GIG

Memory is made by elixir i use this Memory all the time never let me down.

Waynekerr114 :)

P.s 600 WATT POWER SUPPLY

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
do you have anti virus, is your xp fully updated.
run an anti virus scan if you can using www.trendmicro.com
do you get an error messages,check event viewer.
regards
danzil
event viewer is located control panel>administrive tools>event viewer may attentio to the system directory