• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

pc fans keep running after shutdown

lucifer232

FPCH New Member
hi all i have a problem with my pc in that the fan keep running after i click shutdown, the computer goes into its shutdown mode properly the windows is shutting down screen appears then the monitor goes off but the fans stay running, i have checked and all three internal funs stay running (the one inside the psu, the one in the processor and the extra one it has on the back of the chassis).
i have tried the power supply unit but the comp still does the same with the psu
please help
thanks
simon

ps its win xp with a amd athlon processor
i can prob get more info if it is needed