• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

pc will not switch on

twohole

FPCH New Member
Hi all i need some help i have just reformated and set up my pc all was ok, went away it was switched off for a week came to switch it on and it wont power up, ive tested the power supply and ony 5v from the purple when pluged in. i have a old pc tested the psu in it and it has all the correct vols from all the wires put it in my pc and the same only volts from the purple the red light comes on ny the ram and thats it any help please.

Thanks Andy

londonles

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hi Andy

Is this a pentium pc and if so have you plugged in the extra 4 pin plug?

Les

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
try removing the cmos battery for 15 -30 minutes,then plugging the psu back in,then powering on.
it maybe the bios has got stuck. rmoving the battery will revert it back to defaults.
regards
danzil

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
what exactly happens when you power it on,do the fans turn...do you hear any bios beeps etc
regards
danzil

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
does the 2nd psu work correctly in the pc you removed it from....
what model of board is it.
need to know mainly if the fans turn, and if there is any beeps at all
danzil