• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

pc won't start

adam3822

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Professional
hi was just wondering if you could help every time i try to turn on my pc it will start up then just bleep for a few secs then not start and will just repeat this cycle

adam3822

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
it will start after about 2 secs and lasts for about 8 secs and just keeps repeating

Hope that helps

adam3822

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
do you think it could be somthing like dirt or something may have got into the pc

W

Wolfeymole

Did you click that link I provided Adam to look at the picture?

When your pc started up did your post screen look similar to that with the Award writing at the top?

adam3822

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
sorry mate no i did not take that much notice

W

Wolfeymole

You don't give me much to go on mate, how old is the pc and have you ever been inside it at all?
I'm thinking that it could be a number of things, from failed memory to a failed graphics card.

adam3822

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
ok sorry will investigate more and will get back in touch 2moz hopefully i will be able 2 get more info 4 you

W

Wolfeymole

Ok thanks mate.

Unplug it and touch the case to earth it and take the side off and make sure the memory is well and truly seated ok.

adam3822

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Hi have tried all of the above and it is all as should be but still not firing up. having looked into a few bits the pc is about 4/5 years old. and with regards to the bios does phoenix mean anything to u????

adam3822

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
hi thanks for that, but there appears to be no matching code i have a single 7 sec long beep followed by a 4 sec pause and this pattern repeats in the same sequence every time (sorry)

W

Wolfeymole

I would disconnect it from the power, remove the side and give it a thorough cleaning inside.
Use a can of compressed air to remove the dust build up.

adam3822

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
ok cheers will give it a go (im sure i will pester you l8er to let you know how i got on)