• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

• Due to the complexity and risks involved our formally trained malware staff will be the only ones allowed to help with malware removal advice. Thank you.

Photo.src

joddle

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
I have a router with a usb drive which seems to be vulnerable to malware - in the past I have had unsavoury links appear on it and recently I get a warning that photo.src is there and it gets deleted by Avira but after a time it reappears. It only seems to occur on the router USB drive and nowhere else on the connected PCs. Today I removed the USB drive from the router and reformatted it but should I be doing anything else?

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi joddle,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been laid up with the flu for the last few days.
Today I removed the USB drive from the router and reformatted it but should I be doing anything else?
Reformatting the router should remove it, but there is a removal process that might be worth running through.

Remove the Photo.scr Monero Miner

The link will also explain a bit more about the infection.
Let me know how it goes and if you find anything else.
We can always look into things a bit more if there are still traces.

joddle

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Hi and thanks again - I checked the task manager and nothing shows there - the pcs are running normally and no slowing etc as indicated might happen and these PCs are older ones (pentium) so I would notice any speed impact very quickly. I have always have malwarebyes on all machine and run scans pretty often - but nothing found with that or with my Avira AV programme. Will keep an eye out though,

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I have always have malwarebyes on all machine and run scans pretty often - but nothing found with that or with my Avira AV programme. Will keep an eye out though,
Sounds good to me.
If anything suspect crops up, you know where to find us.

Safe surfing. Computer_addict__by_Sinister_Starfeesh.gif

Top Bottom