• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Playing Back Sounds From CDs

Stu_Johnson

FPCH New Member
Hi there

When i play music on my PC direct from the CD the sound is of very poor quality.
It judders and plays slower that what it should.
When i eject the CD for a few seconds whilst it ejects the disc, the sound becomes clearer and how it should be!
I have tried everything, installed new drivers and messed about with as much as i can.
I have been Riping Music from CD's using ITunes and that was working really fast. But now it seems to take an eternity to do an entire music CD.
Not sure if this is related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stu

Jamey

FPCH Member
It sounds like the drive has become faulty. If you know how, fit a new one in place of the old one. If the difference is immediate, in all likelihood it was a faulty drive.