• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Please... Can Anyone Help??

nuts

FPCH New Member
My partner has recently had broadband fitted. He's running windows ME. He had a few problems with the broadband at first, but has sorted that. The problem is that last night his msn messenger was working fine - this morning, however, its saying he needs to install the updated version. When he goes to do that, it says he needs to update internet explorer to IE6. When he goes to do that, it gets to 77% installed, then says unable to complete installation, that a previous installation needs to finish installing (or words to that effect) and to close any applications still running, restart pc and try again. We've tried 'control, alt, delete' and closed anything running, and restarted the pc and tried again, but the same thing happens. Can anyone help??

lodzinski

FPCH Member
I had a similar problem with MSN messenger, and the only solution I found was to use a different messenger service, called 'Gaim' (suggested by james :D) after a few months MSN sorted itself, but until then I used messenger through this program. its not superb, but it works. download available from http://gaim.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

kezzy

FPCH New Member
hello can anyone help me,i am running xp on my dell pc,and i am trying 2 gain acces 2 my bittorent,via bitcomet,and i keep getting flash up mysql connect,htdocs/classes

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
hi nuts.
is he re downloading the installation,,i f the install fails there is usuallly an icon put on your desktop called retry blah blah.
that s what he needs to retry.
alternativly he can do a system restore back to when he tried the install,then re download it manually (google for it)then install it that way.
if you cannot find it via google ask me then let me know.
regards
danzil

kezzy
please open your own topic, it is usually frowned upon and called thread hijacking adding a question to some one else topic...
but
if i where you i would uninstall bittorrent and.or bitcomet. then re-install them,
i would also make sure the firewall ports in your opersting system and/or router are open....
regards
danzil