• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

please can you help me?

dutchdolly

FPCH New Member
We use microsoft office outlook for our email. No problems with receiving or sending emails.
Our standard browser for internet is Mozilla firefox, surfing the net goes without any problems.
The computer runs on Windows XP home edition -SP2 (legitimate version)

However:
Since a few weeks, we have problems opening website links, sent to us in an email.
When we receive an email with a link to a website, there is a problem in opening the website.
When clicking on the link (in the email), Mozilla is started and opens, but the search bar stays empty (where before the address of the link would appear and the website can be read).

Do you have any idea what might cause this problem?

Or how to fix it?
dutchdolly

dutchdolly

FPCH New Member

thanks for the tip & taking the time to reply- i do not want to use IE but Motzilla.
So any other ideas would be of great use :)
dutchdolly

W

Wolfeymole

Yes I realise that Dolly.

I use Firefox myself permanently but on this occasion could you just try using IE please.
It will ask if you want to set it as your default browser, just click no.

dutchdolly

FPCH New Member

Thanks for getting back so quick- I will now try this as you say and wait to see if it is a cure...

Will contact later to report back

dutchdolly