• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Pop up web sites

Kylie

FPCH New Member
All of a sudden I am experiencing pop up web pages, mainly adverts for virus, spyware removals etc. I run Windows XP with Windows Defender for spyware. I also have installed AD-Aware, with AVG for virus protection. I have run all 3 of these, scanned several times, nothing has been found, just a few spywear traces which I removed, but these jolly pop up pages keep coming up. Can anyone help me please????

bigmack73

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
Are the popups telling you to download software? And is there an icon that looks like a yellow shield on the taskbar?

matrix2808

FPCH New Member
I'm having problems as well, every time i open a new browser to maybe say search for car insurance a full popup window opens displaying something related to what i searched for in this example car insurance, tried all manner of adaware and avg etc but nothing has worked.
Any help would be great.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Welcome to FPCH Kylie and Matrix.

Both of your computers are infected, and as you've noted, AVG is not sufficient internet security.

Matrix,

Please start a new thread with your issue in the Security Forum and follow the instructions that I'm about to give to Kylie:

Kylie:

Download ATF cleaner from here:

http://www.atribune.org/content/section/4/30/

When you run it, uncheck Cookies as well as the Recycle bin, then allow ATF to clean.

Download SuperAntiSpyware from www.superantispyware.com. Run the program, update it (very important), then proceed with a COMPLETE Scan. After the reboot open SAS and go to Preferences>Logs. Please copy and paste the SAS log back here.

Now download the HijackThis installer from here:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US … s/download

Run the program and click Scan Only. Don't make any changes. Copy and paste that log here as well.

I won't be back on the forum for a few hours, so either someone else will assist you two, or you'll hear from a little later.

Good Luck.

phyllis

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Beginner
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
plese help with unwanted CID popups