• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

PowerIso question

Janeygee

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi,
I have an ISO file containing numerous sub files, and I want to change a couple of the values in one of those files.
When I open an individual sub-file, it opens in Notepad, and I can change the values I want to change, but I cannot then save that changed file.
On the help tutorials for PowerIso, it appears that I can delete or add a file, and I was wondering, do I have to create a new sub-file with the values changed, and then delete the old sub-file and add the new one.
It just seems a long way of doing a simple change.......................but I don't know the answer.

KenB

Administrator
Hi again,

I have never had the need to edit ISO files so my advice may be somewhat limited.
I assume that you have seen this on the PowerISO website ?
click here

Janeygee

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Yes, I've seen those instructions.
They seem to suggest what I put in the post above.As I said I can open the main iso file with PowerIso, but when I change values in the subfiles, I cannot save those changes.
I'll try and do what I thought might be the case and see what happens.

Janeygee

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Just to update this thread.
I opened the ISO file with PowerIso, found the file I wanted to alter. I could only open that file with NotePad, so I copied it, changed the value I needed to, and saved that file
Using PowerIso, I deleted the original file and added my newly created file.
Everything looks OK, but it doesn't work....................... so perhaps I'm no further forward.
It maybe doesn't work because the value I changed causes problems, or the method I used was wrong. If I find out I will update

KenB

Administrator
Sorry I can't be of any more help - I don't have PowerISO so cannot trial it for you :(

Top Bottom