• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

print off laptop

dee

FPCH Member
got bt home hub not wireless printer . connected to my pc. my pc is wireless. & all works good. ive just got a lap top. its also wireless & works good. is it poss to print off my laptop wireless. ???. ive tried all things but no good. any ideas. many dee

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
You print to the printer from your wirelessly connected laptop via 2 different methods that come to mind.

1) Use a Print Server. This is a little device you purchase that connects between the printer and the network router. Once that is done, the printer can be accessed from any networked computer.

2) Printer sharing: The PC essentially shares it's connection to the printer. The only problem using this method is that the PC has to be turned on when you want to print from the laptop.

If you need more instructions, get back to us.