• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Printer problem

ongarbob

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
I cannot print a picture from my picture store...any ideas why not ?? A signal flashes up about printer cannot communicate but it is only visible for a second and I cannot read that quickly.

KenB

Administrator
Hi and welcome to FpcH

Is it just this one specific picture?
Can you print other files / images ?

Is this on a Win7 machine as per your profile ?

ongarbob

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
Thank you, Ken, for your reply. I can print other things OK...it is just pictures. I presume Win7 means Windows 7 in which case Yes.

KenB

Administrator
Hi,

You don't say how you are attempting to print the images.

Do you open them in Photo Viewer for instance - then select "Print" from there ?

Can you right click on the image and select a different software to open it with? [ other than the problem software ]

Can you simply right click on the image and select "Print" - does that work ?

ongarbob

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
Many thanks....I opened "Pictures" and then the modify page and tried to print from there with no success. Your suggestion of right clicking into another programme ( Office) worked and it printed but I would still like to know what I am doing wrong.

KenB

Administrator
.I opened "Pictures" and then the modify
I am assuming that "Pictures" is the Windows folder - am I correct ?

Normally to print a picture from here you would double click on it
It then opens in the default software
From here you can select "Print"

If you are modifying [ Editing ] a photo depending upon the particular software, there may not be an option to print from here.

ongarbob

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
I still can't print direct from my Pictures but if I go into Office I can !!! So if you call that solved...OK. Thanks again. RH.

KenB

Administrator
If you right click on an image in the "Pictures" folder "Print" should be an option.

Can you print an image this way ?

ongarbob

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
Ken, in my very first plea for help I mentioned that occasionally a message flashes up to say something like..." programme cannot communicate with.........." and then it disappears. It is too quick to read and only fladhes up now and then. Any ideas what that can be. It may solve the problem. RH.

KenB

Administrator
programme cannot communicate with
Could it be "printer" ?
programme cannot communicate with .....printer ?

Is this a wireless printer?

What make and model is your printer please ?

ongarbob

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
It must be...but how do we solve that ?

Not a wireless printer. It is an HP Deskjet 1050 all in one J410 series.

KenB

Administrator
If the computer cannot communicate with the printer it could be the printer cable.
Try disconnecting it - then re-connect.

Try a different USB port.

I doubt that this will make any difference as you say that you can print from Office.
It is worth a try.

Try this.

Open a new folder on the Desktop. [ right click on the Desktop > New ]
Then ...
Open "Pictures" folder and copy a few images [ hold CTRL down and click on the images to highlight ] then CTRL + C to copy.
Go to the new Desktop folder and Paste the copied images.
[ CTRL + V ]

Now try right click on an image > Print

Any luck ??

KenB

Administrator
Very Odd.

Check this for me please:

Right click on one of the images in "Pictures" > Click on "Properties" > then "Security"
Does it look like this? i.e. You have full control

Top Bottom