• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Printer Problems

Tracey

FPCH New Member
When i try to load my printer onto my pc an error message comes up stating the spooler is missing. Any ideas?

Daniel

FPCH New Member
Hello!

spooler.exe is a service which allows Windows to do "printer related tasks" (i.e: printing, they do like to make things complicated don't they?). I'm guessing the service is disabled on your computer. Do this:

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. In the Services list, double-click Print Spooler.
3. On the General tab, click Automatic in the Startup type list.
4. Click Apply.
5. Click Start.
6. Click OK to close the Print Spooler Properties dialog box.
7. On the File menu, click Exit to close the Services dialog box.

Once it's started you should be good to go.

Best Regards,
Daniel.

Tracey

FPCH New Member
Thanks for the info Daniel, but afraid it did not work. Error message stated " Could not start the print spooler on local comperter. error 1068. The dependancy service or group failed to start" Would you have any idea what this means and if it is something that is easy to rectify?

Jamey

FPCH Member
If you have a Lexmark printer, or used to, the driver they install modifies a setting that causes this error.

1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. Type cmd and click OK.
3. Type sc config spooler depends= RPCSS (note the space after the '=' but not before) and press Enter.
4. Now perform the steps Daniel provided above once again.

Tracey

FPCH New Member
Thanks Jamey for responding but unfortunately it did not work, the same error message came up as before, but yes you were correct it is a lexmark printer that worked perfectly well until i took pc to menders to have a virus and macafee removed.

Tracey

FPCH New Member
Have retried the command, and now it has worked!!!!!

Thanks for all your help most appreciated.

khale22

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Basic
If you have a Lexmark printer, or used to, the driver they install modifies a setting that causes this error.

1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. Type cmd and click OK.
3. Type sc config spooler depends= RPCSS (note the space after the '=' but not before) and press Enter.
4. Now perform the steps Daniel provided above once again.

heLlo....

had the same problem
and i did the same thing
but it didnt work
it says :
Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

have a lexmark printer
and vista acer

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi khale;
Can you please start your own threads by clicking the green "New Thread" button in the appropriate section?

The thread you have posted your problem is six weeks old and we want your thread to be tailored to you. This is to ensure that you get the best help possible.

Please repost and include the model and number of your PC and printer.

Thanks khale.