• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Private Message Alert.

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi Guys.Wondering if it is possible, with this software,to have some better method, of alerting me,when I get a private message.I miss the top notification, all the time,as my time is mostly spent,on the bottom areas,of the threads,reading last posts etc.Thanks.:)
Blind as a Bat,to boot.LOL

W

Wolfeymole

We've had instant PM notification from square one Doug.
To enable yours go into your User Control Panel and under Settings and Options click Edit Options.

Look under the Header; Messaging and Notification

Under Private Messages tick; "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up"

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thanks Wolfey.Will do.Forgot about that option.:)

W

Wolfeymole

I could enable it in the ACP Dougie for everyone but some people prefer not to receive Private Messages at all.

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Just checked,mate.It was already set to this.I re-clicked save changes again,in case it didn't take last time.Thanks.

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Working perfect.Recieved notification straight away.Thanks Mate.:)
I may have not clicked the save changes button,previous.:eek: