• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Problem with Dell Support Centre

GraemeJK

FPCH New Member
I've upgraded the Dell Support Centre tool on my Inspiron notebook, but this has created a problem. Whenever I start my laptop I now get the 'Dell' folder poping up during the start-up process. This folder is a sub-folder of the program directory and contains three files: (1) Media Experience (2) NicConfigSvcv (3) Quickset. Can anyone tell me why this has happended and how I can stop it? Thanks

EricC581

FPCH New Member
I too experienced the same result. A folder named Dell opens on system startup. Presumably when Support Center starts. I tried a roll back to a few days earlier and the system restored back to near normal with the exception that the original Dell Support no longer would run. Using Add/Remove Programs I removed the Dell Support app and all is normal. I have not reinstalled the Dell Support Center for fear of a recurring issue with the Dell folder. It's really just an annoyance but one that should not occur! I'll wait until maybe a bug fix is issued or a revision released.